Information We Collect
We collect only the following data as part of the registration process:
- Email addresses
We collect the following during system usage:Usage Patterns
- Mouse movements
- Pages visited
- URL parameters
- Session duration
- Session progress
When you enter the Website, we collect your browser type and your IP address (a unique address that identifies your computer on the Internet).
You can find more information about cookies and how to manage them at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Information Obtained by Third Parties
We use Google Analytics which is a web analytics tool that helps us understand how users engage with the Website. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our site. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our Website. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can opt-out of receiving personalized ads from advertisers and ad networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or who follow the DAA Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising using their respective opt-out tools. The NAI's opt-out tool can be found here http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and the DAA's opt out tool can be found here http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
In addition, your mobile devices may offer settings that enable you to make choices about the collection, use, or transfer of mobile app information for online behavioral advertising (for example, Apple iOS’ Advertising ID and Google Android’s Advertising ID). Please note that opting out does not prevent the display of all advertisements to you.
Use of information obtained by Math Academy
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service. We use the information we collect to deliver the Service to you. For example, we need to use your information to process payments, personalize learning curriculums, to provide parents/guardians and students with information and reports about student performance and use of the Service, respond to inquiries and provide customer support.
- To improve, personalize, and develop the Service. We use information to tailor the content and information that we may send or display to users, to offer personalized content and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experience while using the Service, including on various devices you may use to access the Service. We collect statistics to better understand how users access and use our Service, monitor the effectiveness of our Service, detect usage patterns, and to diagnose or fix technology problems. We also use information to demonstrate the effectiveness of the Service and perform research, and to develop, support, and improve our Service and other educational products and services.
- To communicate with you. We use your information to provide transactional notifications for certain activities relating to your use of our Service. For example, we may send e-mail notifications when a user completes an activity, to provide receipt for payment or other subscription notices. From time to time, we may send periodic informational e-mails to Parent/guardian users or adult students. We do not send marketing communications. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Math Academy may occasionally send you service related and product change announcements through the general operation of the Service. We will send you reminder notifications to support the Math Academy teaching methodology by reinforcing the learning cadence and help maintain your learning streak. When you register with Math Academy, some of your information is made public and available at various locations including Math Academy Leages and Leaderboard. This will include the data from your Math Academy Profile and Account (Username and XP) Your email address is never shown publicly.
- To promote safety and security and respond to legal process. We use information to promote the safety and security of our Service, our uses and other third parties. For example, we may /use the information to authenticate users, facilitate secure payments, detect and prevent fraud and other harmful activities, respond to legal requests or claims, and enforce our terms and policies.
Sharing your personal data with third parties
Math Academy shares your personal data only when it is necessary to offer the Service, legally required, or permitted by you.
We do not ever sell or share your information for purposes of advertising. We do not host advertisements or third party links on our website.
We will provide personal data to hosting providers such as Amazon Web Services, search engine providers such as Google, and analytics providers such as Google Analytics.
These data processors help us bring you the Service. For example, we may share your information in order to detect where or how you encountered a bug when using our application. In connection with these operations, our service providers will have access to personal data for a limited time. When we utilize service providers for processing any personal data, we implement contractual protections limiting the use of that personal data to the provision of services to Math Academy.
We will be required to access and disclose personal data in response to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. Additionally, we will access and share account or other personal data when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Service or using the Math Academy name, or to prevent imminent harm. This will include accessing and sharing personal data with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
If the ownership of all or substantially all of the Math Academy business, or individual business units or assets owned by Math Academy that are related to the Service, were to change, your personal data will be transferred to the new owner. In any such transfer of information, your personal data would remain subject to this section.
Math Academy will share aggregate or anonymous data collected through the Service, including Activity Data, for purposes such as understanding or improving the service.
Data subject rights and data retention
You can manage your account settings in your account and update, amend, and correct your information at any time.
You also have the following rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you, unless provided otherwise by local law:
- To request access to, or erasure of, the personal data we hold about you.
- To request us to restrict the processing of the personal data we hold about you.
- To object to us processing personal data relating to you.
- Where you have given us consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- To export the personal data you have provided to Math Academy in a format that can be transferred electronically to a third party.
- To delete your account with Math Academy by following the instructions available through the Service.
Math Academy will retain your data until your account is deleted, after which point we will retain anonymous data collected through the Service, including Activity Data, which may be used by Math Academy and shared with third parties in any manner. Anonymized examination data will be kept indefinitely by Math Academy to improve the examination and for research and analysis.
Please note that some of these rights are not absolute. In some cases, we may refuse a request to exercise particular rights if complying with it meant that we are no longer able to meet our contractual obligation to provide you with particular products and services. We will keep you informed as to the actions that we can take when you make your request.
You may also have the right to make a GDPR complaint to the relevant Supervisory Authority. A list of EEA Supervisory Authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm and the UK here: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/. If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law. In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process personal information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
Third party websites and links
Please note that you may have cookies placed on your computer by third party websites that refer you to our Service. Although we do not share your personal data with these third party websites unless it is reasonably necessary to offer the Service, they may be able to link certain non-personally identifiable information we transfer to them with personal data they previously collected from you. Please review the privacy policies of each website you visit to better understand their privacy practices. In addition, although we do not have ads or links to any third party sites, Math Academy would like to inform you that anytime you click on links (including advertising banners), which take you to third party websites, you will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies.
California privacy rights
Residents of California have the right to:
- Know what personal information we collect about you and from where we collect it.
- Access a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Understand how we process your personal information and how it may be shared.
- Opt out of having your personal information shared with certain third parties.
- Request we delete your Math Academy account and personal information.
Children under age of digital consent
We know that children deserve extra privacy protection. That’s why we treat child users differently to ensure their parents are in control and we only collect the bare minimum information we need to make Math Academy work.
We only allow users over the age of 18 to create accounts and then configure an account for a student under the age of 18. We also prevent child users from supplying their own name and force them to create a new username immediately upon their first login. Protections are in place to prevent inappropriate or offensive language. Parents or legal guardians always have access to their student’s account through the account dashboard so they are always aware of their student’s chosen public username.
With regards to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule ("COPPA"), Math Academy only collects limited personal information from children under the age of 13 for the sole purpose of performing internal operations of the Service. If we discover that we have unknowingly collected additional personal information from these children we will delete it. If you believe this to be the case, please contact us at email@example.com.
Math Academy has implemented administrative and technical safeguards it believes are appropriate to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal data, access credentials, and results. However, given sufficient resources, a determined attacker could defeat those safeguards and may, as a result, gain access to the data we seek to protect.
Do Not Track
The Service is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals sent by some browsers.
Math Academy, LLC.
755 S. Los Robles, Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91106
United States of America
For all support inquiries, please go to https://mathacademy.com/support.